Eligibility & Submissions
- Check with your college society officer as to your society’s eligibility to enter the BICS awards. If in doubt, email email@example.com.
- Your college must be a member of BICS. Your college must nominate you and there can be only one nomination in each category from each member college. The exception is Best Intervarsity.
- You must meet all the award nomination criteria and meet all deadlines, see nominee information booklet and website.
- It is very important if you are representing more than one category that you inform BICS at the time of submitting your nomination, so that we can ensure that your interview times do not clash.
- A group whose main activity is recognized by Student Sports Ireland as a sports club and/or is an Olympic Sport may not enter for an award at BICS
6. If your category has an interview, you must attend the interview.
7. A maximum of four people permitted to attend each interview.
8. Nominees in the best Individual and Best Fresher category may attend alone or may bring someone to the interview with them.
This will not influence scoring.
Descriptions & Portfolios
9. You must fill in your brief description for the awards booklet by the date and time.
10. Each nominee must provide just one portfolio, which includes all back up material. If you are nominated in more than one
category, you must have one portfolio for each category.
Awards Specific Rules
11. To be eligible to enter Best Society (in a Cultural or Social Field), Best Society (in a charity or Civic Field) and Most Improved
Society categories your society must have been set up for a minimum of two years from March 11th. (I.e. for the 2020 awards,
your society must have been set up before March 11th 2018 ) with the exception outlined in No. 13.
12. A society may not be nominated for more than one of the following awards in the one year:
- Best Society (in a Cultural or Social Field)
- Best Society (in a charity or Civic Field)
- Most Improved Society
- Best New Society
- Best Departmental Society
13. To be eligible a new society must be in its first two academic years from March 11th (i.e. for the 2020 awards, set up after
March 11th 2018) The exception is if you were nominated for ‘Best new Society’ at BICS last year and attended BICS, in this
instance you may not enter for Best New Society again but may enter for Best Society (either Academic/Cultural/Social or
14. Events must take place after March 14th 2019.
15. A Best Fresher is deemed a society member who is in their first year in a third level institution – it is up to each college to
nominate an individual who adheres to this criterion.
16. A society which wins Best Departmental two years in a row may not enter this category for the third year in a row. They can
enter another category.
17. Best Intervarsity must have take place between March 19th 2019 and March 23rd 2020.
Please check individual applications for rules specific to each category.